My name is Shuguan Yang, I am a PhD student in CEE since 2015. Before that, I majored in Electrical Engineering and received my Master’s degeree major in from Columbia University in 2014 and Bachelor’s degree from Southeast University in 2013.
I am broadly interested in data mining related transportation topics. Currently, I am working on projects about parking occupancies estimations and sensing driven parking.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Machine learning
- Matching Parking Supply to Travel Demand towards Sustainability: a Cyber Physical Social System for Sensing Driven Parking.
- A non-sensor solution for effective and inexpensive parking management: payment, reservation, and dynamic pricing
- Mobility Data Analytics Center
- Federal Highway Administration’s research project: travel time reliability data guideline
- Shuguan Yang, Sean Qian. (2017) “Turning meter transactions data into occupancy and payment behavioral information for on-street parking”. Transportation Research Part C, Vol.78, pp.165-182. [URL]
Hamburg Hall 3051
Carnegie Mellon University